‘Bring it on bitches’

WHOEVER wins in Haverstock tomorrow, isn’t what we all really want from our candidates are people who are clear and decisive, speak their mind and are open about their opinions? Sabrina Francis, one of the Labour candidates, is at it already. Check out her Twitter tweets, some recent raw honesty is shown below.

See the middle excerpt, I teased her on Saturday night for watching the Dorothy talent thing on TV instead of being out knocking on doors, canvassing for votes. But, hey let’s not get all preachy, there are ’40 people on the doorstep’, ‘400 contacts made’ and ‘4 words: bring it on bitches’.

Jill Fraser and co might be worried after all.

Sabrina Francis

11 Comments on ‘Bring it on bitches’

1. theoblackwell // May 24, 2010 at 3:56 pm //

I find her charming use of north London idiom quite charming.

• Bernard // May 25, 2010 at 10:38 am //

This comment clearly points to an inner realisation that it’s probably not desirable to post this sort of remark.

2. ConDemNation // May 24, 2010 at 10:44 pm //

Fordy I thought you were going to win, what happened? Now I can never believe another Lib Dem leaflet ever again. Egg all over my face.

3. What astonishes me is that Ed Fordham somehow thinks that having his photograph taken with Jill Fraser is somehow an asset to her electorally.

Lets look at his history in Camden.

He lost in Hampstead and Highgate.

He lost in Hampstead Town.

And recently he lost in Hampstead and Kilburn.

So therefore…he’s a loser.

So….associating yourself with a loser is a good thing?

4. Theo Blackwell // May 25, 2010 at 12:54 am //

Ed, we know you had to work hard to shrug off your carpetbagger label from wherever you are from the country, but to claim that people are not ‘local’ like this is very petty lib dem politics, and won’t make a difference.

• Ed Fordham // May 25, 2010 at 9:27 am //

Theo, you may well be right – but you also know that like all issues for some people it matters a lot and for others it’s not an issue at all. No more no less… Ed

5. David Collins // May 25, 2010 at 1:33 am //

It certainly didn’t make much odds three weeks ago. People do tend to prefer to be represented by people with principles than by ConDems who will deal with anybody to get into office – regardless of what they said before the election!

• Bernard // May 25, 2010 at 10:27 am //

I find the left vitriol over the Lib/Con coalition confusing and silly. It has for decades been the Labour party who have courted the Lib Dems in alliance and coalition and key Labour figures who constantly talk of a ‘progressive’ centre left alliance with the Lib Dems.

It is behaviour becoming of a spoilt child to be insulting them now, because they decided to join the rivals.

I don’t think it does Labour any good.

As for the local ‘candidate issue’; it’s a nice campaign point as everyone knows there are thin differences between all parties in Local politics, but I don’t believe it influences the vote in any real way. It certainly seems to annoy some people though.

6. Theo Blackwell // May 25, 2010 at 1:40 pm //

Fair play I suppose. Its just that many of your councillors last time around didn’t really even have many Camden roots at all, just renting a bedsit in a ward for the purposes of a by-election doesn’t really make lib dem candidates ‘local’

• Bernard // May 25, 2010 at 3:38 pm //

I agree with you entirely except for the comment about my affiliation?

It is just an effort to make a campaign issue. It’s one that was used against you in Gospel Oak (you blogged on it) and I believe you also concluded (as I do), that it makes no difference to the vote, despite your being initially irritated.

Comments are closed.