Quiz: Whose election expenses receipt?

MAYBE this one will be a little harder. So, threeeeee points for anybody who can name the  candidate from this year’s May 6 elections who has included this receipt – looks like a typical north London houmousy lunch from Waitrose – in their clump of publicly-available paperwork filed at the council’s electoral services office.

The election rules say that all candidates need to show how they spent their campaign funds and prove that they did not go over the set limits, although this level of detail is probably unnecessary in meeting this requirement. I’ve seen the original receipt but apparently I’m not allowed to publish a scan here. Fear not though, it is a faithful recreation of what one candidate bought and thought should be declared for transparency.

So, who ate all the sugar snap peas?

14 Comments on Quiz: Whose election expenses receipt?

1. Paul Oliver Duggan // July 9, 2010 at 5:59 pm //

Easy peasy – Red Kenneth.

2. ConDemNation // July 9, 2010 at 11:24 pm //

A wild stab since it looks like a West Hampstead person.

My guess is Bryant.

3. Ed Fordham // July 11, 2010 at 9:52 am //

I know it’s not me :-), it won’t be Glenda, Magnus lives closest, unlikely to be Tamsin, be surprised indeed if it was Bea
    But then I’m assuming you mean the GE – could be LE…
    Ed

4. South Hampstead observer // July 12, 2010 at 2:25 pm //

I’ve seen Magnus Nielsen in there about 4 times in the last 4 weeks so I’m going with him. I presume we are supposed to shocked that a UKIP candidate is so modern with his choice of food.

5. Richard Osley // July 12, 2010 at 2:31 pm //

No points so far… To answer Ed’s point, we are talking General Election here.

6. Chris?

7. Theo Blackwell // July 13, 2010 at 1:22 am //

That’s one large sandwich, so my first thought would be John Bryant. Seeing as that is nil points, I’ll go for Keith who must’ve needed that extra energy to stave off the close Labour challenge in West Hampstead.

8. Richard Osley // July 13, 2010 at 8:35 am //

All wrong. Five points on offer now for anybody who gets it.

9. Was it me? Oh hang on, I wasn’t selected as a candidate this time was I? Grrrrr

10. I think it has to be either Tamsin Omond or the BNP – as all others seem to have been eliminated

11. I take that back – Bea and Glenda still remain – and I think it has to be someone very inexperienced in politics to hand this in with all the paperwork – so my guess is Miss 123

12. John Bryant // July 14, 2010 at 12:23 pm //

It’s Glenda

13. Richard Osley // July 14, 2010 at 10:21 pm //

No points: Blackwell, Bryant or Fordham

14. Gotta be Chris – if he was declaring his Waitrose receipts it explains why the Conservatives came so close to the election budget cap

Comments are closed.