Where did you get that dress?

ISN’T it terrible, ladies, when you spend days picking out a favourite frock for a wedding and then turn up to the celebrations to find somebody else is there with the exact same outfit? I couldda died.

It was a bit like that for the Camden Conservative photo call at conference yesterday. There was councillor Laura Trott (far left – in the picture, not politics) who matched her killer heels with a black and red swirly number. Now, eyes right down the line and you will see a blonde-haired chum, presumably sweltering in her big black coat on a hot afternoon in Brum. Look how sunny it was down by the canal, surely Laura’s friend wasn’t chilly. More likely she was all buttoned up to hide her own identical red and black swirls. They think I didn’t notice but I saw. I saw.

12 Comments on Where did you get that dress?

1. Albert Shanker // October 6, 2010 at 2:35 am //

How dare you, Sir.

The biggest breasts are those of…

Nic Careem!

2. Peter Brayshaw // October 7, 2010 at 12:55 am //

As a longstanding Camden Labour activist and sometimes Councillor, I recognise hardly any of the people in you photo. Where is their Leader, their Deputy Leader, their former deputy Council Leader, etc? Oldies like Jonny Bucknell and Don Williams are there, and the ubiquitous egoist Nic Careem (So glad they have him now rather than us!), but that’s it. I think the frocks are the least of thos story. Perhaps you should provide a name-check caption?

• nic careem // October 25, 2010 at 12:06 pm //

I see Peter Brayshaw’s nasty nature is beginning to show through. This is the man who claims to be a supporter of Nelson Mandela yet this was the man who was happy to mix with the local Labour Party who bullied me for years. He will be featured big time for spoiling the tribute I started for my hero Nelson Mandela in my book which will be coming out next year to coincide with the publication of the House of Commons Mandela book. All monies from the book will be donated to childrens causes.

3. David Douglas // October 7, 2010 at 5:33 pm //

Mr Brayshaw the Labour party may have the same old tired people year in year out. the Conservatives just keep joing and renewing. And FYI Andrew Marshall was in a meeeting with Government Ministers….

• nic careem // October 25, 2010 at 12:38 pm //

David, Brayshaw can only resort to personal attacks because he has nothing else to offer. People like him have driven so many to leave the Labour party. Just yesterday a dear friend of mine a former MET inspector David Michael joined the Conservatives in Lewisham because he had enough of their nasty “politics of the gutter!”

4. Sarah Hayward // October 7, 2010 at 6:06 pm //

Oooh handbags. To add my two penneth we’ve blended experience with new blood. Being helped all the time with our massive surge in membership. Not something Mr Cameron manage to achieve for you in opposition – if figures on ConHome are to be believed – and if you lose a third in opposition think how bad it’s gonna be in power.

5. Didn’t the Labour party membership plummet to it’s lowest ever only a few years ago? In which case the claims about numbers really make little point.

Although it might stop your debt ridden party going broke and might actually allow you to contest the next election.

6. Albert Shanker // October 10, 2010 at 7:28 pm //

Ok then, get the massive tory membership out in Kentish Town and see if you reach double figures. I doubt it v much.

• double figures should be easy for them, they got shy of 800 in the recent locals. finding 10 voters should be pretty simple. But you miss the point. Not seen any party bar Labour bleating about membership numbers and I was simply pointing out how redundent the claim was. I won’t be so childish as to join in a pointless arguement about membership numbers and who’s is biggest. None of that means much right now.

• Keith Moffitt // October 12, 2010 at 3:56 pm //

Let’s not forget that the Conservatives have come FOURTH in every recent election in Kentish Town – not only the two by-elections but also on 6 May.

7. nic careem // October 25, 2010 at 12:25 pm //

I should also like to add that I am delighted to be a member of a party made up of people who do not resort to name calling and below the belt behaviour. It shows they have nothing to offer. I notice Brayshaw was absent from my friend the late Labour councillor Dave Horan’s funeral. Dave was my mate for near on 18 years and was one on those most principled people in politics. I should also add that Brayshaw is not representative of the many good Labour councillors, whose views I might dissagree with but admire them as people and fellow political activists.

Comments are closed.