THERE will be no leadership challenge within Camden Labour group at next week’s AGM – Nash is safe and it looks like Theo Blackwell, Tulip Siddiq, Pat Callaghan, Julian Fulbrook and Sue Vincent are too.
But, as long rumoured, the council’s deputy leader Angela Mason does face a contest, for her role as head of sustainability at least. Sean Birch is her competitor, according to documents circulated among the group today.
Same information shows:
* Sarah Hayward challenged for Community, Regeneration and Equalities by Meric Apak.
* Heather Johnson challenged for Children, Schools and Families by Larraine Revah.
* Abdul Hai challenged for Community Safety by Jonathan Simpson AND Thomas Gardiner.
* Maryam Eslamdoust set to take up chair of licensing.
* Roger Robinson challenged for chief whip by Mike Katz.